Friday, October 14, 2011

It Will Be Okay..Step Out From the Shadows

It Will Be Okay...Step Out from the Shadows!
I have to say, the more I talk about domestic violence the more it seems to help. I really wasn't expecting that. It may seem that my blogs have become more about this lately and that's ok. It is domestic violence awareness month afterall. My hope is that by sharing my experience, it will save lives.

So what am I writing about today? Well, it stems from a phone call I got this morning from an acquaintance/friend of mine asking for help for one of his friends. He is out of state and she lives here in the Lehigh Valley. He felt helpless, until by fate, my face popped up on his Facebook page with a quote I had posted. He knows about my story and asked if he could contact me. At first I thought he had some nutrition questions. That wasn't the case. He called for my help and input regarding this friend of his who is in an emotionally abusive relationship. This so called man (her boyfriend) is very controlling and manipulative. He is quite older too. She is scared and feels alone. This "man" is using every trick in the book to scare her into staying. I hate that! This so called man obviously has low self esteem, no courage, and probably a small penis too. Yeah, I went there. I have no tolerance for men like this. I lived it for way to long myself. No, I don't hate men. Just those that think they are all that and then some. Those men that feel like women owe them. Those men that think it's ok to control another human being. Well guess what, slavery was abolished years ago! I gave my friend advice and welcomed her to contact me. I also advised my friend about Turning Point of the Lehigh Valley. Their mission is to work toward the elimination of domestic violence, increase community awareness of the problem, empower victims of domestic violence by providing shelter and support services. I am eternally grateful to them!

Ladies, if a man tells you that you will never find another man, that you aren't good enough, pretty enough, or any other ridiculous statement; then that man (or person) is not for you. You are worthy of so much more. You are worthy of being with someone that will treat you like a partner, who will lift you up in spirit and not knock you down every chance they get. Emotional abuse is just as bad if not worse than physical abuse. At least with physical abuse the scars go away, trust me, I know. It's the memories from emotional abuse that last a lifetime. Don't let another person tell you that you are alone and will have nobody there for you. That's pure bullshit! I don't care if you are straight, gay, rich or poor; abuse is abuse and should not be tolerated! I can say this confidently now. I was in the shadows for most of my life. You are not alone, there are people and organizations out there to help you and protect you. Save your life. You deserve to live your life safely and in true happiness. It's going to be ok! It's time..Step out of the shadows...

1 comment:

  1. Lisa, thanks for another powerful blog article. You are doing a lot of good. Keep on getting the truth out, because you help someone somewhere every time you do!

    ReplyDelete