Saturday, November 26, 2011

Love Letter to My Lil Town of Emmaus! Shop and Eat Here...You Will Fall in Love Too!

I live in a small town called Emmaus. It's right outside of Allentown, PA. You might have driven through but did you stop and look around, shop and eat? Today is Small Business Saturday. I supported my Emmaus.. I went to Cottage Emmaus and got my hugs and candles from my friend/owner, Emma; Emmaus Bakery where Gavin got his cupcake, Sweet Memories Emmaus PA for some strawberry lemonade, Baked for a pumpkin cheesecake bar, and lastly Creamery on Main for some dirty chai..kitchen is getting prepared for burgers soon, missed friend/owner Bill by an hour but ran into my beautiful friend Denise and her beautiful daughter Alex getting some ice cream! Beautiful day in my small town of Emmaus! We welcome you to Shop Local Shop Emmaus!!! There are so many wonderful stores and restaurants here that I didn't get to today, but shop and eat at often! You bet I will continue blogging about them and my experiences. For me, it's about community, relationships and friendships built.

Wellness isn't just about eating well and exercise. It's also about having a sense of self, community, and building lasting friendships and relationships. When you get stressed, of course I encourage you to exercise. It helps to reduce stress. But also turn to family and friends to help you through whatever it is you are going through. What does that have to do with Small Business Saturday? Simple, I am also a small business. I can't do it alone. I cultivated and continue to grow my friendships with my friends/fellow business owners. They lift me up when I feel low as I lift and support them too. They all mean something to me and have a piece of my heart. So, I encourage you to go and support your local businesses where ever you are. Small business is the backbone of our communities! If you are in the Lehigh Valley or just driving through, stop in the shops and restaurants in Emmaus and say hello to my friends. You will be greeted with a warm smile and you will leave with a piece of them in your heart too!

No comments:

Post a Comment