Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Change

As I was driving today I was wondering what I wanted to discuss today then it hit me...change. Why are most people afraid of it? It's a natural part of life. It happens everyday all around us. We have seasons for a reason. The earth is constantly moving therefore giving us Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall. The seasons are going to happen whether we want them to or not. Winter is a time of hibernation and thought, Spring symbolizes rebirth, Summer is hot but happy and brings smiles to faces, Fall/Autumn is a time of change as you can see by the beautiful colors on the leaves. As the leaves fall it's a reminder that change is inevitable. It can be scary but beautiful at the same time.

Embrace change. Don't be afraid of it. It can be a good thing that turns into greater things. The beauty in life is that you get to choose. Sometimes you might make the wrong decision but that's ok. Without failure there will be no success. Learn from past decisions. Own them. Today is a new day. If you must take it moment by moment not day by day. Ask yourself the following questions and then write down the answers as honestly as you can:

1. Am I afraid of change? If yes, why?
2. Am I truly happy with who I am? (List reasons why and why not)
3. Am I willing to change? (List reasons why and why not)
4. If I make a change is it for my reasons or for someone else?
5. What will I do and can I do to make a change that betters my life?

After you answer these questions hang them where you can see them. Take a moment, breathe deeply and say the following to yourself "I am worthy of the best life has to offer. No one can control me or who I want to become. I can do it. I am not afraid of change." Say it with conviction repeatedly. Watch how wonderful life will become! Enjoy your day!

Always,
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment