Friday, August 19, 2011

True Blue Mediterranean Cafe, Emmaus PA

For those of you that don't know me, I love food. I love it alot! There pretty much isn't a food I won't eat other than cottage cheese and beets. To me, they are the most vile foods on the planet. Bold statement I know but nonetheless it is what it is. I haven't eaten all of the foods on the planet. So, for now, those stand out.

Now, why am I writing this? Simple really. I live in a small town that has quite a few not so hidden gems. One of them being True Blue Mediterranean Cafe. I went in yesterday looking for a donation for my son's school. Ziad, the owner, was happy to help. He couldn't prepare the gift certificate right away so I told him I (along with my kids) would stop back in later to eat dinner and pick the gift certificate up then. I almost didn't go back since the kids (13yrs and 9yrs soon to be 10yrs) were acting like 2yr olds in the grocery store. As luck would have it, my son's friend invited him to go with he and his mom. So, that left me and my daughter. We went back to True Blue Mediterranean Cafe and I am sooo happy we did. You see, I love Mediterranean food. I cook in the Mediterranean, Spanish and Farmer's Market kind of way. It's very healthy and delicious! We decided to eat there. Again, another good decision. Ziad was fabulous as usual. Very attentive and lovely. I got the steak gyro which was on special and my daughter got the lamb gyro. It comes with homemade pita chips and homemade hummus. It is hard to put that first bite of the gyro into words. It was rather euphoric! My daughter was equally in Heaven. I have to say, I was very sad to see the last bite go:( However, I was very full and very satisfied! We hung out for awhile and talked with Ziad in between him helping the other happy patrons.

I purchased a spinach pie to go so I could have it for lunch today. It comes with homemade tzaziki sauce. Now, you could microwave it but I don't recommend doing that. Heat it up in the toaster oven or regular oven. The first bite was out of this world and again, sad to take the last bite. Yet again, comfortably full and happy. This is a place I will go back to time and again. I shared pictures of my food on Facebook with friends and family so they would go too. My plan is to work my way through the menu! There is also different varieties of coffees, teas and desserts. If you like baklava, it is worth the trip just for that!

So the next time you are looking to try something new and different try new restaurants in your town. If you are in the Lehigh Valley, make a trip to Emmaus and visit.. Tell Ziad I sent you!

TRUE BLUE MEDITERRANEAN CAFE
East Penn Plaza, 1301 Chestnut Street, Emmaus, PA 18049
610-966-8555

No comments:

Post a Comment